Monday, April 7, 2008

Lotus Land

Ok, so let me tell you about this amaaazing place in Santa Barbara. At first I was a little shocked that they charge $35 per person for admittance, but after attending I was sure that it is worth it to those souls who are so unfortunate as to have to pay.

This spectacular place, known as Lotus Land was designed and created by it's former owner Madam Wasabee... or Wadelieacha oh wait I got it Madam Ganna Walska, I had to look that up. This 35 acre estate has 17 gardens that are each distinct.



See, spectacular. Ok, so there is one rule about going... you have to get the bestest tour guide there.


Hey, wait a minute! That tour guide looks familiar. Do I know her from somewhere?


Now, Ben and I hate the desert. After spending much of our courtship there, we have a great dislike for the terrain, so we were a bit concerned about going into a cactus garden... but it won us over. It was one of our favorite places.




This is the view from Madam Wikipedia's house.




And here is a spot in the Japanese garden. Possibly the burial place of Madame Wasatch?



See... I highly recommend a trip here. Go ahead fork out the money, it's worth it. It was worth every penny we spent on it (oh, yeah... ok, it was worth what we spent + 1 X 35) I'm sorry, but you will just have to take your chances on getting the best Docent (I think that's their fancy Santa Barbara type word for tour guide) at the place!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw Shucks -- it was great fun taking you on the tour of Lotusland! Knowing ahead of time that you were perhaps the toughest "critics" I would ever guide through the garden just made it that much more "challenging." It is a magical place and I love being a docent there. The spirit of Madame Ganna WALSKA lives on and forgives even those who take her name in vain!
Ya all come back now, ya hear. And friends and family will always be welcome guests on my tours. (I can get you in for FREE -- but remember, You get what you pay for....)
CeCe/Mom/Bubbe