Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Trip Starts Here...

I woke up at 3:50 this morning to start my trip to Texas. A few turbulent trips and one long trek across Phoenix airport and I had arrived in Texas. The first thing I did was check a mirror to see if my hair was pasted down on my head from the extreme humidity. It made me feel like I was in Honolulu again, only without the ocean, or the flowers. Yep, besides that Honolulu and Dallas are just the same.

Next I made my way across town to my cousin's house. Where I was immediately impressed by the fancy lawn mowers these Texans have. Definitely much cuter than our lawn mower.
The next thing that impressed me was the extreme cuteness of her baby. I was so absolutely overcome by this, that I wasn't even able to snap a picture.

Then we proceeded to talk as fast as possible to squeeze absolutely every word possible into a very short visit. I think our mom's would have been impressed by our ability to talk so much. I think cousin's hubby (who might rank on the top hubby list right behind my own Superman) might have been a little overwhelmed. I had so much fun, laughing and talking... and I wish we could visit more often. But alas my visit could not drag out too long because a long drive still loomed ahead of me.

When I arrived at my hotel, I discovered that today I am a VERY lucky girl. They lost my room reservation and had absolutely NO choice but to upgrade me to the jacuzzi suite for the duration of my stay.


I know, you're thinking poor Tina, huh? Well it is a little sad, because the room upgrade would be so much more fun if Superman were here!
And now, this tired traveller is going to climb in bed, before passing out.

No comments: