Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Prayers

I had planned a post today about monkeys and birds. But those will have to wait for another day, there are bigger fish to fry.

I received information today letting me know that my cousin Danny was in a serious car accident this morning.

I think as an adult he prefers to be called Dan, but he will always be Danny to me. Danny and I haven't seen each other in many, many years. However, at the beginning of the year, I resolved to reconnect with 3 people from my past... Nanny was one of them (check) and Danny was another. He has been on my mind a lot in the last month.

Danny and I were very close when we were young. I can easily say that he was the cousin I had the closest relationship with growing up, but along the way he moved to Texas and we haven't seen each other. I've heard that he has recently been on top of the world. He completed his teaching credential and has a new wonderful girl in his life.

This morning Danny rolled his work truck and was immediately airlifted to a hospital. Already today he has undergone 3 major surgeries. I don't have many details of his condition, just that he has massive internal injuries and needs prayers!

I plan to pray for Danny now and to be in touch with him as he recovers from this trauma. We have childhood memories to share and I badly want to get to know the man he has grown into.

1 comment:

A Yorkie Lover and Family said...

Thank you so much baby girl. I love you. Family is more important than anything in the world.