Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Turning the hearts


(Chatting it up with Grandma Chris)

Sunday at church the lesson was concerning "the turning of the hearts of the fathers unto the children, and the hearts of the children unto the fathers, even those who are in heaven." I began thinking about my "fathers" or ancestors who are in heaven.

I was very fortunate to have the opportunity to know all of my grandparents in my childhood. They each loved me and forever effected me. However, I lost all of them before reaching adolescence. I have missed them since then and longed to have the grandparent relationship back in my life.

Fortunately, I am able to experience vicariously. My children have an abundance of grandparents. Ben and Sarah have Grandmas and Grandpas, a Bubbe, a Papa, a John, their Dad's future in-laws and 3 great-grandmas. During church we briefly discussed ways to help our children feel connected to the generations before them. I couldn't help but smile to myself, my children already cherish each of these people. The love radiates from their face when they talk about baking cookies with Grandma, visiting Super-Grandma in Oregon, reading books with Bubbe, or playing baseball with Grandpa Doug.

In this season of love... I LOVE all the people who love my children so much!

No comments: