Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A delicious meal

Mommy, I'm not hungry
Mommy, I'm NOT hungry

MOMMY, I'm NOT hungry
MOMMY, I'M NOT HUNGRY


This was the little song Sarah sang to us tonight. If you imagine it in a four year old's voice, I bet you'll even be able to hear the music in your head.

Ben and Sarah got in BIG, GIGANTIC trouble tonight. It was blatant disobedience and complete disregard of a warning that if a dangerous and property destroying "game" was repeated, they would be in HUGE trouble.

One of the most effective punishments that I have found is a dinner of their least favorite foods and then a very early bedtime. So, after the trouble they were showered and told to sit on their beds to wait till they were called for dinner.

The culinary fare:
That's a peanut butter sandwich, pickled beets and green beans.

They probably would have preferred 50 lashes with a wet noodle over this punishment.

Fate worse then death to them, I tell you!

Ben saw his meal and took it like a man; he ate and headed for bed. Sarah saw her meal and began singing that catchy little ditty you just read. Her song ended with this:
They're so cute.... when they sleep!


1 comment:

A Yorkie Lover and Family said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww mom, who could punish that precious baby? Not Aunt Maryann