Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Ring

My cousin Daniel (Hozy) Hozman passed away yesterday morning. He was in a terrible car accident over two weeks ago. He has fought a hard fight since then. Finally, he is at peace.

A week before the accident, Danny commented on his MySpace page "new pic of megan and i in my pics. weve been dating 6 months on the 21st of jan.life is good. Im taking a test to become cerf. in teaching. Wish me luck!! Baseball is going to start soon! Yea.." It is so comforting to know that he was so happy. He had worked his way to such a good place in this life that his work here was done, his earthly lessons learned.

Danny's death has taught me a huge lesson. I had been planning for a while to be in touch with him. I hadn't gotten to it soon enough, and there wasn't a chance to do it "tomorrow." Our lives can be forever changed at any moment, I will no longer be putting things off. People who are important to us need to know it today!

After getting the phone call yesterday, Big Ben called me to ask me to go outside to look at the sun.

A rainbow ring going completely around the sun is what I saw. I'd never seen anything like it before.

The beauty brought me a sense of calm and well being, like the heavens were smiling down. There is joy that Danny has returned home.

2 comments:

A Yorkie Lover and Family said...

What sweet words of comfort. Thank you baby girl, so insightful. I love you.

Anonymous said...

I cannot even begin to tell you how "spot on" your words are.
I have beat myself up these past few days since his death & thought..."if I just would have gotten there sooner"..."if I just would have gone to see them last Summer". Well, I will never get that chance to see him here on earth & that saddens me beyond anything I've ever experienced. I will never let another day go by with..."maybe tomorrow"...there are no guarantee's of tomorrow. I Love you & I want to see you soon :)
Love,
Erin & Family