Thursday, March 5, 2009

Facebook

I've found myself succombing to peer pressure!

At the funeral last week my cousins convinced me that Facebook is a great place to stay connected. I signed up hoping that I would just be able to stay in touch with family. Previously, I had a MySpace page and just wasn't overly impressed with it. I came home from Texas and immediately signed up for Facebook.

It didn't take me long to realize that I LOVE Facebook. It might even be bordering on an obsession. I have connected with so many people that I had lost touch with years ago. I've found lost friends, people that I had almost given up on being able to ever find again. I can't believe the connections that have been made in less than a week's time.

Today, Sarah and I went to Visalia to visit my friend Kristen. She was one of the first people I searched for on Facebook. I hadn't seen Kristen since right before Sarah was born. It was fantastic to pick up the friendship right where we left off.

Ok, so this isn't meant to be an advertisement for Facebook, but in light of the lessons I have learned over the last month. Lessons about putting off reconnections and the importance of fostering old relationships, Facebook has proven to be a blessing.

1 comment:

Sam Hozman said...

And we're glad that you gave Facebook a try.