Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Burn

Warning: I am not always a nice person! Read at your own risk!

This afternoon I was waiting for Ben to get out of school. I typically stand at the corner by the school while I wait. As I waited today, a heavy, unattractive lady walked by me with her daughter. The daughter was probably nine or ten years old. Let me describe the lady for a moment... she was in her mid to late 30's, her long brown hair was twisted on her head in a "claw" thingy. She was wearing a poop colored t-shirt and she didn't have a stitch of makeup on. She was probably 80 lbs overweight. Ok, so none of this really has to do with the story, but I think it is important to convey the full image.

As the pair walked by, I heard the daughter ask "mom, what's that mark?" It was then that my eyes locked on a mark on the ladies neck. She quickly responded with, "It's a burn from my curling iron!"

WHAT?!?!

It was clearly a hickie on that woman's neck. CLEARLY a curling iron has not touched that hair recently!

I've heard of rug burns, sun burns, Indian burns... but a "sucking lips on your neck burn," that's a new one to me. Is aloe and noxema the proper course of treatment for that kind of burn as well?

For the love! If you are going to be unattractive, get a hickie on your neck and lie to your child about its origin in public... have the decency to at least try to use that curling iron to style your hair in a manor that would cover the mark... To do otherwise, is to risk causing me to vomit a little in my mouth as you walk by.

1 comment:

A Yorkie Lover and Family said...

I'm nauseated just reading it......what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive. Yuk! That child has so much to look forward to.