Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Here we come 2009

As 2008 is winding to a close, I'm thinking about how I would like to start out the new year. I've never been a big believer in extravagant resolutions. I like to set myself up for success, rather than failure. Last year's resolution was to have a current address book. I managed to accomplish that this last month in the process of doing this year's Christmas cards. When I made the resolution, I thought it would be a very easy one... ha! That VERY easy resolution took me 11 months to accomplish.

So this year, when trying to come up with my resolution, I decided that it just wouldn't do to take on something too much more ambitious... I've decided that my New Year's resolution for 2009 will be to wear more hats! I am going to wear hats in the winter to stay warm and hats in the summer to keep the sun off my face and try to slow this progression of wrinkles I am noticing.

A small resolution, I'm aware!

Along with my one designated resolution, I'm also thinking a lot about the person that I want to be in 2009. I want to use this January 1st as an opportunity to take stock of my life, and my outlook on life. In 2009 I want to be a little kinder, a little more patient, I want to appreciate every moment with my children a little more, and I want to look for more ways to show my husband how much I love him. I am going to live 2009 to the fullest and count my many blessings each day!

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Amazing fireworks photo!

I love hats too, though I don't own a single one. I often wish that ladies wearing hats would come back into fashion. It's so feminine and pretty, isn't it? And the warmth/sun protection/wrinkle prevention is also good.

A Yorkie Lover and Family said...

You are too young and too pretty to have wrinkles.......but I remember when you were young and all the hats mama put you in....it was so cute. You were the only baby that I knew that had so many hats...history repeats itself.
Luv ya
Aunt Maryann

HAPPY NEW YEAR