Friday, September 5, 2008

It's official

I was told yesterday that December 31st will be the end of my long run at GE. They have decided that my contract position will be replaced by a GE employee who will not be located in Tehachapi. The new person will most likely be located in Iowa, someplace I am not interested in relocating to. I have been with the company for 4 years, and it has for the most part been a good run. It is disappointing for it to end this way, but I am grateful that they have given me almost 4 months notice.

The last 24 hours have been spent regrouping and making some decisions regarding which direction life will take.

3 comments:

Diane said...

Now there is nothing wrong with Iowa. Remember I go to Iowa at least one a year. You will be missing the smell of farm animal crap, the sight of endless earth, and let us not forget sub-zero weather and lots of snow when it decides to fall.

David & Eliza said...

Iowa is pretty close to Minnesota : ) Sorry to hear about your job, I hope everything works out. P.S. Really cool tree house- I'd hang out in there too.

Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about your job =[