Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Things that make me go hmmm....

There are 5 houses for sale on our tiny street. Our normally quiet neighborhood is getting a lot of attention and visitors looking at the houses.

Last night, I was sitting on our front porch, because I'm in love with the idea of sitting on the front porch in the evenings watching the world go by, sipping lemonade (only let's be real here, I sip Dr. Pepper) and having the kids ride bikes and play in the yard. Anyway, I digress... last night I was sitting on our front porch when a little red Ford Focus pulled up to look at the house next door. I could clearly see a middle age man driving with a young boy in the passenger seat. They were the only two occupants of the car. The young boy looked to be about 6 or 7, definitely no older or bigger than our 8 year old Maris.

While these people were looking at the house something called my attention to go indoors. I was inside for quite a while and when I came back out of the house, the red car was just starting to pull away. I had to look at them three times to make my mind believe that what I was seeing was real. As they pulled away the young boy was driving the car and the middle aged man was sitting in the passenger seat. Yes, the 6 or 7 year old was DRIVING! Clearly, I do not want these people for neighbors.

But then it got me to thinking... I've been wanting to ride my bike to work to save a little on gas, but I haven't been able to because I have kids to drop off at daycare. So, since other's are doing it, I'm wondering if I might just be able to have Sarah start driving herself to daycare. She is a very mature 4 year old... that should count for something, right?

No comments: