Monday, April 13, 2009

Ooey, Gooey, Yumminess!

Do yourself a favor... make this recipe! ( didn't say it would be a favor to your wastband, but oh my goodness, the deliciousness)

Cake mixes have been on major sale the last couple weeks. I felt compelled to stock up, adding these to my food storage supply... then they went on sale even cheaper! I now have over 20 boxes of cake mix in my pantry. After buying all of the mixes it occurred to me that at most I make 5-6 birthday cakes a year, and I'm not really too fond of cake, so I started to think creatively. This is what was created:

Ingredients:
  • 1 stick butter/margarine, melted
  • 1 pkg. chocolate cake mix
  • 1.5-2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 2 cups chopped almonds
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips (additional)
  • 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place butter and cake mix in large bowl. Mix with fork until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over bottom of 15x10" cookie sheet pan and press. Sprinkle with 1.5-2 cups semisweet chocolate chips and almonds. In microwave melt milk chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in 20 second intervals until melted. Pour milk mixture evenly over pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 18-25 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely and cut into bars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I gained 3 pounds just reading the recipe!
Fluffy Bubbe